Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pictures from Oaxaca




Hello, my name is Dawn and I'm trying to create a new career for myself using some of my hobbies as a foundation or clue to build on. Photography is just one of my favorite hobbies -- and one I would like to pursue as a career, and make some good money in the process.

I am interested in travel photography and would love to hear from others and how they got there. How does one get paid gigs where the client pays for your trip and housing, and you get paid for your photographs? What is the process on selling your art, and what about ownership rights? How much should one ask when one is starting or barely starting, in order to give up one's rights to another in order to get published or pay one's rent? Where does one begin?

I am also interested in still life, food photography, as well as portrait and street life work. I'm going to open an account on flickr and hope to show more stuff that I've done.


Ah well, this is the beginning. I have a 35 mm Canon T50 camera and a Canon S2 IS digital camera. I'd love to hear from all of you. And I'm ready to go!




No comments: